- Limit the number of occupants in the building during drop off and pick up.
- Stagger pick up and drop off times.
- Parents don’t enter the building – they drop their children off outside of school and staff escort children inside.
- Health screening: mandate temperature checks of staff and students temperature before they enter the camp daily.
- Daily screening of students for symptoms before they entering camp.
Strict Sick Policy
- Any employee or child who is unwell should not come to school.
- If a child or employee has any of the following conditions or symptoms, immediate departure from school is required in order to prevent contagion.
- Sore throat
- Colds accompanied by colored nasal discharge or uncontrollable cough
- Fever greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Any symptom disabling child from participating fully in the program. If a child or employee has any of the following conditions or symptoms, immediate departure from school is required in order to prevent contagion.
In order to return to the program, employees/children must:
- Be free from fever, vomiting, diarrhea for a full 72 hours.
- Receive a note from a doctor stating that the condition is not contagious.
Communication and Training
- Additional staff training to CDC guidelines.
- Signs within the building to remind of procedures.
- Remind frequently of all of procedures.
Social distancing within the building
- Mark floor for smooth traffic flow and minimal contact.
- Plan for bathroom access for the same reasons.
Social distancing within the classroom
- Limit number of children per classroom to 10.
- Mark floor for traffic and distancing.
PPE for Staff
- Wear masks/ face protection at all times.
PPE for Students / Student Training
- Wear masks
- Practice hourly handwashing and as needed.
- Teach students how to wear masks, wash hands, etc.
Cleaning / Disinfection Procedures
- Reinforce strict handwashing procedures.
- Eliminate objects and toys in the classroom that could carry COVID-19 (potentially no objects with soft surfaces).
- Put toys in a bin to later be sanitized after children play with them.
- Dedicated cleaning staff for cleaning all day long (doorknobs, light switches, furniture, toys, and other objects – Sanitize ‘high touch’ objects every hour).
- Disinfect the school daily after school hours.
Supplies and Equipment
- Disinfect main toys several times a day.
- Isolate sick children and staff immediately and send home for five to seven days.
- Coordinate with local health officials.
- Possible camp closure.